Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ocean Project


Today is the perfect day to be working on my next project, Seashell Barettes! The sun is shining in Buffalo today reminding me that spring is right around the corner and alas the hot summer sun will be blazing in no time! Seashell Barrettes are perfect for your spring/summer wardrobe. The story behind this project goes back to my Honeymoon. We were in Puerto Vallarta Mexico in a resort that was right on the beach. Everyday for a week we got to see the tide come in and go back out, watch the sunset and sunrise over the sea and take long walks up and down the sandy shore. What started as picking up a few shells during a walk, turned into carrying arms full back to our resort room. Gorgeous shimmering shells! The ocean is a huge inspiration to my work as alot of my work is featured in a beach town boutique in Hull, Ma. These seashell barrettes were hand picked from the shores, hand drilled, wire wrapped onto French style hair clips and loaded with sparkling crystals, gemstones and fresh water pearls. I've made 1 so far and it sold and I've had many people asking about it. So, today I've designed a whole collection of these barrettes to be available through my Etsy store soon.
Here's a look at other ocean inspired jewelry I've made


I'm looking forward to showing you this collection soon. Its going to be fun making these barrettes while thinking thoughts of the ocean and the beach. Peaceful, calm, salty air, tropical sounds and sights

“I have always loved the beach. The smell of the salty water, the wind in my face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm.”

--Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment